Is Mold Removal Dangerous?

The short answer: yes, absolutely. Mold removal can be dangerous.

The long answer? We’ll cover that here, because there are several considerations and factors involved in figuring out just how dangerous mold removal is or will be and who needs to do the work. Typically, it’s always best to hire professionals for the job for the sake of safety. Mold removal is dangerous for several reasons and it becomes even more dangerous when it’s disturbed, and the spores become airborne.

In many cases, mold in your home can make you very ill, especially if you have a weakened immune system or breathing related health conditions such as asthma or allergies. And even if perfectly healthy, it can still irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs.

The type of mold is also a factor. Stachybotrys chartarum or Toxic black mold as it’s better known as, can release spores as it feeds on organic materials in common household materials like carpet, insulation, drywall, or hidden sub-flooring that have been exposed to moisture. These type of spores, if consumed or inhaled, can cause a range of dangerous symptoms. severe cases of prolonged exposure, black mold health effects can be more dangerous. These symptoms can include headaches, nausea, vomiting, and bleeding in the lungs and nose.

The best option is to leave the home and let the professionals come in and do a proper remediation. They will have the right protective gear and equipment to get the job done right.

Mold Remediation Experts

Mold removal companies (like Clarke Contractors Inc.) are properly trained and licensed on how to get rid of mold safely and effectively. They will close off your home or the affected areas, properly clean the surfaces and remove the mold and items that have been effected, and then sanitize everything. They should offer advice on how to prevent mold in the future and perform an inspection to look for any other suspect areas where mold cold potentially form.

The experts will also advise on whether it’s safe to stay in your home. If it’s not, you may be able to file a claim with your home insurance company so that they can pay for the accommodations while you’re out of the home. This isn’t typical, but it does happen in serious cases.

Play it Safe

There are several tips and guidelines for how to clean up mold damage on your own, but the best thing is just to not do it. It’s always better to hire professionals because one small misstep could create a much bigger problem than just mold that needs cleaned up. It can be tempting to start cleaning right away or try DIY methods to save some money, but this is putting your health at risk, among other things.

Plus, as mentioned, your home insurance may cover the costs associated with mold removal. Therefore, what you think you can’t afford is probably paid for, you just have to make some calls. It’s all about educating yourself.

Say Goodbye to Mold

Mold removal can be dangerous, but it doesn’t have to be. By taking the time to hire experts to help with the cleanup and future prevention, you can have a safer, cleaner, healthier home for your entire family.

You’ll also enjoy the peace of mind that things are done right and save yourself the effort of doing all the messy work on your own. In the end, no matter what you’re dealing with in terms of mold, it can be dangerous and you should seriously consider professional assistance. They’ll have the right equipment to get the best results.