What are the various types of damages caused by the two most famous elements of nature; fire and water? What effects do these damages have on the individual homeowner and their household? Are the effects salvageable or is it time to pack up? Read on to get the answers to all your pressing questions .If you’re a citizen of Cincinnati, it may be helpful to know what entails water and fire damages, especially if you’re a new homeowner and not sure what to do.
Getting To Know the Causes and Effects of Water and Fire Damages
The basis of all Cincinnati water damage restoration companies is the knowledge of the origin of such water damage, the extent of the damage, the effects, and finally, the necessary steps to take for remediation. Same logic applies for Cincinnati fire damage restoration companies.
Therefore, it is important that you understand what could bring about these damages as well as the effects.
So we begin with the potential invasiveness of water. What kind of damage results in the need of Cincinnati water damage restoration professionals? How are they caused?
What Are The Causes Of Water Damage?
There are a lot of incidents that lead to water damage in the household. Some are very common while others are the results of carelessness on our part as homeowners. Some are mild and easy to handle, others not so much.
- Presence of leaks in dishwashers which increase the risk of kitchen floods
- Broken, faulty pipes that help conduct water throughout the home
- Cases of overflowing washing machines
- A malfunctioning sump pump
- A broken water heater
- Cracks in the foundation or walls
- Leaks in the roof as a result of damage and old age
- Terrible weather in the form of thunderstorms that lead to flooding of areas
- Clogged drains, sinks and toilets
- Blocked gutters and roadside drains
As you can see, the causes of water damage are numerous and have different degrees of seriousness when they occur. What happens when these issues are not tended?
Effects of Water Damage
Making a phone call to the Cincinnati water damage restoration company after a terrible incident is the most common course of action in the case of a water accident. However, several other detrimental effects exist and here are some of the most pressing ones:
- Molds and Mildews: These tiny organisms are the most common aftermath of water damage to the household. They can cause damage to your properties as well as serve as risks to your health.
- Contamination of Black Water: One of the processes carried out by Cincinnati water damage restoration professionals is the inspection of contaminations. One of the forms of contaminations is black water. Black water contains harmful pathogens that are huge health risks.
- Damaged Properties: this is properly the most painful of all the effects of water damage. In the cases of flood, your properties can be damaged beyond repair and it costs can be very expensive.
These are the major examples of what you could be in for if water damage occurs. Next, we take a look at what the damage from fire brings about.
Looking At the Causes and Effects of Fire Damage
As devastating as the effects of water damage are, fire accidents tend to cause more damage and prove more serious than its liquid counterpart. But just like water, fire accidents don’t spark up out of the blue. They too, are caused by agents; unfortunately, mostly human agents.
What Are The Causes Of Fire Damage?
Cincinnati fire damage restoration is a big undertaking. That’s why it’s better to prevent fire damage by learning the causes and knowing how to prevent them before it happens. The most common causes of fire damage include:
- Kitchen accidents like grease fires
- Heating appliances like space heaters that are not properly looked after
- Use of other electrical appliances: electrical faults, damaged wiring, and neglect leads to accidents which start up as a spark but could immediately lead to an outbreak
- Falling asleep while smoking
Knowing the various causes of fire accidents is necessary to eliminate the sources leading to risks of fire damage and reduced jobs for Cincinnati fire damage restoration companies.
What Happens After Fire Damage Has Occurred?
If the causes of fire outbreaks are not eliminated, they could lead to terrible effects that will take a while to recover from. Except for the timely response of Cincinnati fire damage restoration services, the following effects are bound to happen:
- Damage To Properties: just like water, fire accidents cause immense damage to your household, properties, prized possessions, leaving you with a lot to feel sad about
- Household becomes too toxic to live in due to the effects of smoke, soot and chemicals that remain after the fire has been eliminated
- It may sometimes result in the need to relocate to a new residence when the home becomes too damaged to live in
Fire and Water Damage Prevention
As they say, prevention is better than cure. Having learnt about the causes and effects of each type of damage, proper prevention measures should be taken to ensure you don’t end up experiencing either of the tragic disasters.