Here are some quick questions and answers we get about mold in your home or business. With our crazy weather, we see many mold contamination cases in the Cincinnati, Dayton and Northern Kentucky area.
Here are some questions we are often asked…
What causes mold in my home?
Mold is caused by water or high humidity. When conditions are right, mold can grow and thrive. Mold can grow on wallpaper, drywall, carpet, upholstery, wood and even dust. If conditions are not right, mold spores can lay dormant until conditions are suitable.
Is mold toxic?
Yes! Mold can cause many health problems with humans and even pets. Some types of mold are more dangerous than others and some people can have a more severe reaction than others. Symptoms from mold exposure can be similar to other illnesses. They can include a runny nose, sore throat, headaches, coughing and trouble breathing.
Can mold really damage my home?
Because mold can hide and spread without you realizing until it’s too late, it can cause severe damage throughout a home. Mold can get into your air ducts and HVAC system exposing other areas of your home to spores, causing damage. If the growth is severe, it can cause thousands of dollars of damage and in some cases the cost to repair can be so high that the home is condemned.
How do I know when the mold is gone?
Since mold is caused by a moisture problem, you will need to confirm that the issue has been repaired or resolved before you can consider the mold being gone. For example it doesn’t make sense to clean and remove the mold out of an attic if the roof continues to leak. Although once you believe you have fixed the moisture problem and you have had the mold remediated by certified mold removal company, you shouldn’t be able to smell or see any indication of mold or water damage. The best way to be certain is to have the area tested for mold after the area has been cleaned up. You can call a mold inspection company similar to https://www.cincinnati-mold-inspection.com to confirm all is good.